Friday, May 30, 2008

The Road Less Travelled


I was tagged in an old picture today and that caused a barrage of memories to catch up with me. Memories that I thought I had buried a long time ago. The picture stared back at me and all I could see were the faces of friends that I may have drifted away from but never truly forgotten.

I remember posing for the photograph and feeling very conscious about the fact I was the only girl there. Not that it bothered me at all on any other occasion. I remember trudging down that road after a long day at school, just willing for this harrowing period of my life to get over with. I remember the friends who I walked down that road with..the ones who somehow made life seem not so dreary. I remember running down that road because we were late for class, stuffing biscuits down our throats in the process. Collapsing on the seat once we got there and being too tired to concentrate. Me being at my lowest weight ever (40kg) and the jokes my friends used to crack to try and persuade me to gain weight (not that I needed any convincing). Gobi manchurian treats before we made our way back home. The chats on the roadside because no one wanted to go back home and hit the books again. Bone clashing with K9 and thereby bugging the hell out of everyone else present. Fighting over the last drop of that communal pepsi bottle.

The road may be plain, just like any other road that you may have seen. But for the people who share these memories, it was the silver lining of the dark times we were in. All of us struggling to find a foothold. It played an integral part in making me the person I am today. To the road, and everyone who was there. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool post!...u shud have added the picture on the post.would give a better perspective

R!@ said...

:) tried..didn't upload. will try again some other time!