Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hanging by a moment

Life is strange. It does funny things to you. If it lands a slap on your face, it kind of makes up for it by making you go places. If it makes you work hard, it makes you smile too. And the happiness kind of makes up for the sadness.

Kind of.

Closing a chapter of your life is never easy..there's just so much of yourself in there and to move on seems like nothing short of voluntarily chopping off a limb. I don't know if it's the uncertainty that makes my tummy churn or the process of scribbling a mental end-note.

Creating chapters have its significant moments. Moments that stay with you. Moments that make you stronger.

But chapters don't have to be ended. People put an end to them. People like you and me.

So that's where I'd like to leave my life right now-like an open ended chapter. I don't want to seal it. I want to take it with me. During my solitary time, I take a peak into the significant moments, taste the bittersweet flavour and smile :)

Now don't ask me what turn my life's going to take over the next few months. Go figure..

3 comments:

Camphor said...

Er. I always thought that when a chapter ends,it ends. You do take it without - permasealed or not. And whether you seal it, or take sneak-peaks back or just try your best of hang-on, some of the stuff that made it worth it is just... gone.

So you pick the pieces you can, and try to go on, and you remember what it used to be, but you try to write a new chapter.

Hanging on to the past when there is only now to hang on to ... I haven't seen it to work. So I'd say, hang on to the memories, babe, the moment is gone.

R!@ said...

@s- thanks for the insight :)

Anonymous said...

cool post!! lot of insight:)
and btw how does it become solitary time if you can take everything with you thru that???