Monday, February 4, 2008

The Merry-go-round

Been running in circles,
Now suddenly there’s nowhere to run to.
Time is slowly ticking by
Nothing seems to make sense no more


Dazed and confused,

I sit down on the curb,

To catch my breath,

To have a good look at myself.


Somewhere in this darkness
There’s a light that I can’t find.
I can’t find the missing piece
Of this puzzle we call ‘life’.


Part of me is fighting this,
Part of me just wants to give in.
Am going to try and get it right this time
I’m going back to the start.


I scare myself to death,
That’s why I keep on running..
Stick around for a while & then maybe you’ll see
A different side of me.



I’m searching for things

That I cannot see.

I’m just out to find
The better part of me.

4 comments:

gsk said...

competition...?

Rehana said...

Hmmm... Its interesting babe.. N Quite reflective.. I Love it.. :) N i have no idea what he means by that!

R!@ said...

@gsk- huh?
@hana- glad i'm not the only one who doesn't get the comment! n ya..i just realised that there are a few lyrics from my favourite songs in here :P I guess they're subconsiously always running thru my head..

gsk said...

U are writing poems too! Well, what I was trying to say was if u were trying to 'compete' with me ... but now that there has been a 'discussion' i guess we can relegate the comment to being a PJ :| ... I hate it when this happens.