Thursday, February 28, 2008

Static

I'm always been amazed when I meet some old friends after such a long time and it's like not a day has passed since you last met up and you just seem to pick up from where you left off. I guess it's a pleasant surprise because usually I've never had much luck in that department. Now don't get me wrong, I've always seemed to have amazing friends. But most often, after extended periods of no contact, there just doesn't seem to be much to talk about.

I guess it is natural that people expect that all the things they left behind would be just as they last remembered them. But there is movement, everywhere. For all things. Within all of us. There keeps being reason for me to reflect on my portion in that.

And that's why these kinds of friends are all the more special. They're not very easy to come by! I almost always end up having this fuzzy feeling after a brief but nice conversation with them :)

I intend to get in touch with more old friends eventually. All this thinking has got me curious! I haven't been as good at keeping in touch with people as I would've hoped I'd be. So if you're out there..old friend, here I come :D

2 comments:

Saatvik said...

Its as if u have put words to my thoughts Ri! After Saturday,I feel like calling up all my friends from the past just to loose myself into endless chit chat about our "chaddi days"! :)

R!@ said...

@sats- I actually wrote this before I met you guys on Saturday! As always..it's nice to see you again :)