Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Who Knew

The last post kind of inspired me to make a last attempt at contacting a very old friend of mine. And as luck would have it, I managed to get through to him and a meeting was fixed! Now let me fill you in on the blank spaces...

This is a guy who I last met when I was 7. He was my 'chaddi' buddy in the true sense of the word ;) Back then, we shared a back wall and all it took to get him to jump over the wall was to start filling the water in the paddle pool and scream his name out loud. Within minutes, there would be two kids splashing about in the pool as if there was not a care in the world! We were a team back then. Almost like a package deal :P He's the person who gave me the nickname that all my close friends call me to this day! I remember bits and pieces of our school bus trips together. Me running back to pick up things that he had left behind, he standing up for me when I got into trouble, both of us dealing with small-time bullies together, me bullying people who bullied him....

And there we were, more than 15 years later, attempting to make a new beginning. Laughs turned into snorts when we realized that we both still diligently pick any trace of capsicum from our food..Conversation flowed..opinions were exchanged, lists of top ten favourites were listed..we had a lot to catch up on!

What I found weird was that even after all the years that have passed, we still had some vague sort of connection. Numerous attempts to get in touch earlier had failed for some reason or the other. But what was nice, was the fact that it had worked out this time :)

It's a refreshing change to meet someone after so long and for them to accept you unconditionally. For them to probably have more faith in you than you might have in yourself and vice versa. It’s not everyday that you come across friends like this and for that, RB, I only have you to thank :)

No comments: