Tuesday, March 11, 2008

More Than a Feeling

I'm one of those people who is a sucker for happy endings. I believe all things happen for a reason. Good or bad. And call me crazy, but I believe that if you really truly wish for something to happen, it will. Eventually. Sometimes it takes its own sweet time to happen and at other times, things just appear when you want them to!

You might be wondering what got me started along this train of thought. I finally got down to reading 'The Alchemist' today. It's one of those books which I've heard people talking about but never got down to reading because I was turned off by the idea of reading a remotely philosophical book. I'm a stubborn person with weird ideas stuck in my head every once in a while..I know ;)

Surprise Surprise! The book made me think about my own life and the world around me. When was the last time I truly listened to my heart and followed my dreams? Do I pay attention to the omens strewn along life's path? Would I even notice them if they had a placard held up with my name in BOLD letters written across it?

Hmmm..no comment.

For the time-being, I think I'm going to have to be content knowing that I'm not the only one in the world who feels this way. The sadist in me actually feels comforted by that fact :P I shall continue to try and make a wish on a shooting star (somehow with the pollution in Delhi, I doubt that's going to happen any time soon!) and do everything in my power to make my dreams come true. After all, everyone is entitled to their own happy ending :D

2 comments:

Rehana said...

hey Babe!
I see what you mean... And I can answer that comment.. lol.. Even in college, you used to be kidogo spaced out on campus..:)
So how'd u like the book.. I loved it .. it was fantastic.. :) Wanna start a book club?:)

R!@ said...

yup..the book was fantastic :) just what the doctor ordered for me! Kind of needed something to kick-start me back into action. Book club? Sure..let's do it :)