Friday, March 28, 2008

Born to Run

It's official. I have exactly 5 weekends before I head back home. I have probably ended up doing just about half the things I had set out to do once I stepped out on Dilli soil. I probably need to come back here sometime so that I can finish off all the places I wanted to go to!

I don't think any piece of writing will do justice to the varied experiences I've had in Delhi. When people told me that life was going to be different for me once I was living here on my own, I just brushed their warnings aside and was determined to plunge into the experience and get the most out of it. I'm a strong believer in the human spirit and even though I was given countless warnings about how I have to be CAREFUL in this city, I was determined to focus on the good around me. I haven't had any bad experiences here barring the one time I was standing on the main road waiting for a friend to pick me up and 3-4 cars slowed down (with 'uncles' in them) and the drivers' offering to give me ride. Even that's pretty mild if you think about it..

I think I've managed to do quite a bit with my 4 months here. One just never seems to be satisfied with what we've seen though. I'll go into the details of where I've been in Delhi some other time. Right now, I just feel like the clock is ticking and I'm running a race against time.

I'm heading off to Agra tomorrow morning and Mumbai a couple of weeks later. Any one have any ideas about places I can go to in the 3 free weekends I have before I leave?

Your time starts now :D

No comments: